Child Relocation

The requirements contained within Florida Statute §61.13001 are very complicated and burdensome to bring before the court without legal counsel. You may need to speak with an attorney at Reed Law right away if:

  • An order was previously entered that established time-sharing for your child.
  • There is a pending custody action regarding your child and either parents' relocation is an issue.
  • You are simply contemplating moving more than 50 miles away from your residence at the time the last custody/time-sharing order was entered.

This statute often affects many parents in our area, as many military members have little to no control over when and where they will be ordered to move next. Many military members do not realize that although they are in the military, they must still comply with Florida's relocation statute before they move their child. Also, there may be a delay before the court can hear your case, so it is imperative to file the petition for relocation as soon as you know relocation is imminent.

The Reed Law attorneys are experienced in the area of child relocations, as we routinely represent clients, civilian and military, who either need to relocate or are objecting to the other parent's relocation.