Trusted. Committed. Professional.
- Family Law/Divorce 50%
- Estate Planning/Probate 50%
Kimberly D. Reed established Reed Law in 2008. She is an experienced litigator of high-conflict divorce and paternity litigation, involving issues such as child custody and support, alimony, domestic violence injunctions, asset and liability distribution, and child relocation. As Ms. Reed’s practice has grown, she also discovered a passion for helping people to have peace of mind by assisting them with their estate planning, including the preparation of wills, powers of attorney, living wills, and revocable and irrevocable trusts. Ms. Reed is a member of the Florida Bar, the Maryland Bar, the District of Columbia Bar, and the Bay County Bar Association.
Ms. Reed’s formative years were spent in Fort Myers, Florida, where she continued to reside until she moved to Tallahassee, Florida to attend Florida State University. While attending Florida State University, Ms. Reed was an active member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority. Ms. Reed obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology from Florida State University. In 1999, Ms. Reed graduated from Nova Southeastern Shepard Broad Law School, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. While attending law school, Ms. Reed received a Dean’s List distinction, and was awarded a scholarship for this achievement. Thereafter, she returned to Fort Myers, Florida and began her legal career as an Assistant State Attorney. This position afforded Ms. Reed the opportunity to develop her litigation skills.
Ms. Reed moved to Maryland in 2000. She obtained her license to practice in both Maryland and the District of Columbia, and began representing clients with various Family Law issues in both jurisdictions.
In 2006, Ms. Reed returned to North Florida, and again practiced as an Assistant State Attorney in Panama City, Florida. Ms. Reed received special recognition from Sheriff Frank McKeithen for her “hard-nosed ability to prosecute drug dealers in the 14th Judicial Circuit.” Ms. Reed was further commended for having “made a great impact in our community.” After approximately one year in this position, her passion for helping individuals achieve their personal goals caused her to pursue owning her own private practice where she could devote all of her time to help people through their challenging situations.
Ms. Reed has spent countless hours building her practice and strong relationships within Bay and surrounding counties. She routinely writes a legal column for the Lynn Haven Ledger in order to share important legal information with the community. Her well-versed legal knowledge, negotiation methods, and litigation skills that she has acquired over the last 20 years continues to have a positive impact on the families and individuals that she represents.
Her savvy business mind, coupled with innovative and strategic processes that she has implemented in her law office, provides Reed Law clients with the personal attention they deserve, and that they will not receive from a high-volume firm. The legal team is proud to work alongside such a dedicated and passionate lawyer who places the needs of her clients first and foremost.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Honors: Dean’s List Distinction
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- B.S. - 1993
- Major: Criminology
- Florida, 1999
- Maryland, 2000
- District of Columbia, 2000
- Legal Articles (Bi Monthly), Lynn Haven Ledger, 2016
Classes & Seminars
- Criminal Law - Fort Myers, 2000 to 2000
- Bar Association Luncheon/CLE Seminar, Bay County Bar Association, 2016
- State Attorney's Office, Assistant State Attorney, 2006 to 2007
- Lafayette Law Office, LLC, Associate Attorney, 2002 to 2006
- State Attorney's Office, Assistant State Attorney, 1999 to 2001
Fraternities or Sororities
- Sigma Sigma Sigma
- Florida Bar
- Maryland Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Bay County Bar Association, Member
- Family Law Section of the Florida Bar, Member
- St. Andrews Bay Inn of Court, Member
- Bay County Women Lawyers Association, Former Chairman
- Board Member for the Council on Aging
- Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Section of the Florida Bar
- Northwest Florida Collaborative Law Group, Current Member, Establishing Member and First President
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner
- President And Founder, 2008