Trusted. Committed. Professional.
Kimberly D. Reed
- Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law Mediation
- Collaborative Divorce
- Military Divorce
- Estate Planning
- Unbundled Legal Services
Kimberly D. Reed established Reed Law in 2008. She has over 20 years of experience in representing clients in their divorce, paternity, child relocation, child support, domestic violence, estate planning, and probate matters. Mrs. Reed is a member of the Florida Bar, the Maryland Bar, the District of Columbia Bar, and the Bay County Bar.
Mrs. Reed obtained a bachelor’s degree from Florida State University. In 1999, she graduated from Nova Southeastern Shepard Broad Law School, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. While attending law school, Ms. Reed received a Dean’s List distinction, and was awarded a scholarship for this achievement.
The areas in which Mrs. Reed practiced in Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Panama City, Florida were all military communities. This has afforded her the opportunity to represent a great many military members, federal employees, and their spouses over the years, and she has become well versed in military divorces, the unique benefits that are at issue, the potential pitfalls, and drafting settlement agreements that include the necessary provisions required by DFAS and OPM.
Mrs. Reed’s focus for her family law cases is on a client-centered, child-focused process that helps the family transition smoothly from marriage.
Mrs. Reed has spent countless hours building her practice and strong relationships within Bay and surrounding counties. Her well-versed legal knowledge, negotiation methods, and litigation skills continue to have a positive impact on the families and individuals that she represents.
Ms. Reed is Vice President on the Board of Directors for the Council on Aging, the Current President and a Founding Member of Collaborative Divorce Professionals, and Former Chairman of the Bay County Women Lawyers Association. She is also a member of the St. Andrews Bay Inn of Court, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP), Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals (FACP), and the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Honors: Dean’s List Distinction
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- Major: Criminology
- Florida, 1999
- Maryland, 2000
- District of Columbia, 2000
- State Attorney's Office, Assistant State Attorney, 2006 to 2007
- Lafayette Law Office, LLC, Associate Attorney, 2002 to 2006
- State Attorney's Office, Assistant State Attorney, 1999 to 2001
Fraternities or Sororities
- Sigma Sigma Sigma
- Florida Bar
- Maryland Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Bay County Bar Association, Member
- Family Law Section of the Florida Bar, Member
- St. Andrews Bay Inn of Court, Member
- Bay County Women Lawyers Association, Former Chairman
- Board Member for the Council on Aging
- Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Section of the Florida Bar
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals, Inc., Current President, Establishing Member and First President