Trusted. Committed. Professional.

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Family Law
  4.  → How Do I Gain Emergency Custody Of A Minor Child?

How Do I Gain Emergency Custody Of A Minor Child?

There are times when a troubled parent’s life and behavior becomes a threat toward their children’s well-being. While you still may love the parents, you also want to do what is best for the children involved. In cases like this, we at Reed Law can help you fight for emergency custody of the children.

Oftentimes, the grandparents, aunts and uncles, and even one of the parents are the ones who apply for emergency custody of a minor child or children. We know that this behavior is not out of aggression toward the parents but just to ensure that the children involved are in a safe place, y.

We Know What It Takes To Protect Children When They Need It Most

A person with an interest in the children cannot simply apply for immediate physical custody of a minor child here in Florida. There needs to be an imminent threat of physical harm to the child. Any concerned potential guardian needs to prove this to the court. 

Once a court determines that there is a threat, they can allow the potential guardian to have immediate physical custody of the children. The court may even decide to direct law enforcement to assist in the retrieval of the children from the parent(s) if necessary. For us, our goal is not to hurt anyone, but just to simply make sure the kids are safe in their home. We understand how painful custody issues can be to everyone involved, children included.

We Can Act Fast To Help You Do What Is Right

If you are in the Panama City area, contact us for compassionate and swift help with your situation. We understand how crucial time is with these situations, and will fight for the well-being of children who need it most. Call us at 850-250-4260 or email us here to schedule your initial consultation and take the first step in protecting those whom you love.